Friday, May 7, 2010

Prostate Surgery-Radical Prostatectomy

Radical prostatectomy is very effective treating cancer prostate that have not spread beyond the prostate. However, the cure rates very depend on PSA level and Gleason grade. It works by isolate the tumor and cut it. Unlike any other cancer, prostate cancer actually a number of small tumors scattered throughout the prostate. So cutting the tumor out of the prostate is not really an option. Instead, the entire prostate plus some surrounding tissue is removed, including the nearby seminal vesicles.

Radical prostatectomy result can be improved by adjuvant radiation therapy. However, since radiation therapy causes tissue changes, prostatectomy after radiation has higher risks of complications.


There few types of radical prostatectomy that often use, and some of them in developed research:
  • Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy (LRP)
    It is a new way to approach the prostate surgically with intent to cure. Contrasted with the open surgical form of prostate cancer surgery, laparoscopic radical prostatectomy requires a smaller incision.
  • Robotic-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy (RALP)
    This management use the same technique as Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy (LRP), but the difference is it use robotic arms controlled by a console to perform the surgery remotely. Well, from the patient’s point of view, the two are virtually identical.
  • Radical retropubic prostatectomy (RRP)
    It is also called open prostate surgery, since this prostate surgery make incision in the center of the lower abdomen. The incision is from 8 to 10 centimeters long.
  • Radical perineal prostatectomy (RPP)
    Radical perineal prostatectomy make a 4 centimeter perineal incision made in the perineum which comprises muscles and exterior skin between the scrotum and anal sphincter.
Main article: Active Surveillance

2 comments:

  1. Radical prostatectomy can also be used as a treatment for urinary obstruction in men with stag III prostatic cancer. protastectomy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 55-year-old from Korean, I was diagnosed with second-stage liver cancer following a scheduled examination to monitor liver cirrhosis. I had lost a lot of weight. A CT scan revealed three tumors; one in the center of my liver in damaged tissue and two in healthy portions of my liver. No chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatment was prescribed due to my age, the number of liver tumors. One month following my diagnosis I began taking 12 (350 point) Salvestrol supplements per day, commensurate with my body weight. This comprised six Salvestrol Shield (350 point) capsules and six Salvestrol Gold (350 point) capsules, spread through the day by taking two of each capsule after each main meal. This level of Salvestrol supplementation (4,000 points per day) was maintained for four months. In addition, I began a program of breathing exercises, chi exercises, meditation, stretching and stress avoidance. Due to the variety of conditions that I suffered from, I received ongoing medical examinations. Eleven months after commencing Salvestrol supplementation But all invalid so I keep searching for a herbal cure online that how I came across a testimony appreciating Dr Itua on how he cured her HIV/Herpes, I contacted him through email he listed above, Dr Itua sent me his herbal medicine for cancer to drink for two weeks to cure I paid him for the delivering then I received my herbal medicine and drank it for two weeks and I was cured until now I'm all clear of cancer, I will advise you to contact Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. WhatsApps Number...+2348149277967. If you are suffering from Diseases listed below, Cancer, HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus, Hepatitis, Chronic Illness. Lupus,Fibromyalgia.

    ReplyDelete